The European Association for Data Science (EuADS) aims to provide a setting for fostering communication and cooperation among all stakeholders of data science. It is a forum for research, scientific conduct, promoting transparent access to data, policy making as well as support of young scientists. Scientifically, the Association promotes the development of models, methods and instruments of data science and provides a unique environment for the presentation and discussion of new methods and models in this field. With regard to networking, it aims to bring together stakeholders and decision-makers in this field to address the challenges of data science in the 21st century.
EuADS is managed by a board of administration composed:
- Peter Flach (President), Professor of Artificial Intelligence at the University of Bristol, UK
- Reinhold Decker (Vice-President), Information Infrastructure and Business Relations and Professor of Marketing at the University of Bielefeld, Germany,
- Nils Hachmeister (Vice-President), Director of the Bielefeld Center for Data Science at Bielefeld University, Germany
- Serge Allegrezza (Treasurer), Director General of Statec, the Luxembourg Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies
- Matthias Böhmer, Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Luxembourg
- Andreas Geyer-Schulz, Professor for Information Services and Electronic Markets at KIT, Germany
- Fosca Giannotti, Director of Research at the Information Science and Technology Institute of the National Research Council at Pisa, Italy
- Eyke Hüllermeier, Professor for Intelligent Systems and Machine Learning at the University of Paderborn, Germany
- Berthold Lausen, Professor of Data Science at the University of Essex, UK
- Yves Le Traon, Professort for Computer Science, Systems and Software Reliability, University of Luxembourg, LU
- Fionn Murtagh, Director of the Centre of Mathematics and Data Science at the University of Huddersfield and Professor of Data Science at Goldsmiths, University of London, UK
- Walter J. Radermacher, President of FENStatS, the Federation of European National Statistical Societies, Germany
You can download the statutes of EuADS here.
EuADS would like to thank the following partners for their support: