The European Association for Data Science (EuADS) aims to provide a setting for fostering communication and cooperation among all stakeholders of data science. It is a forum for research, scientific conduct, promoting transparent access to data, policy making as well as support of young scientists. Scientifically, the Association promotes the development of models, methods and instruments of data science and provides a unique environment for the presentation and discussion of new methods and models in this field. With regard to networking, it aims to bring together stakeholders and decision-makers in this field to address the challenges of data science in the 21st century.
EuADS is managed by a board of administration composed:
- Sabine Krolak-Schwerdt, Professor of Psychological and Educational Measurement at the University of Luxembourg, President
- Berthold Lausen, Professor of Statistics at the University of Essex, Vice-President
- Hilmar Schneider, Director of the Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) and Professor of Social Sciences at the University of Luxembourg, Treasurer
- Serge Allegrezza, Director General of Statec, the Luxembourg Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies
- Peter Flach, Professor of Artificial Intelligence at the University of Bristol
- Myra Spiliopoulou, Professor of Business Information Systems at the Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg
- Claus Weihs, Professor of Computational Statistics at the TU Dortmund University
EuADS is very pleased to have gained the following institutional members:
- Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Essex
- German Classification Society (Gesellschaft für Klassifikation, GfKl)
- Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
- Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER)
- University of Luxembourg
You can download the statutes of EuADS here.